Please complete the following form to complete your nomination for either vestry and/or convention delegate. If you cannot complete the form online, a PDF copy is available and printed copies are available on the table outside the May Room. All nominations are due no later than November 3rd.
Looking for a way to get involved? Are you willing to be a leader here at Trinity or in the Diocese of Lexington? If so, now is the time. Nominations are being accepted for Trinity Vestry and Diocesan Convention Deputies. Please consider serving.
Nomination forms for the 2020 Vestry and for the Diocesan Convention are available above and on the table next to the elevator.
Who is eligible?
- Anyone confirmed or received into the Episcopal Church who is aged 16 or older.
- A regular contributor of time, talent, or financial treasure in support of the parish for at least twelve months prior to the election.
- Not a family member of a current Vestry member or a paid member of Trinity’s staff.
What is expected of Vestry members?
- Actively participate in worship and parish life
- Serve a full three-year term unless elected to serve a shorter term
- Attend monthly Vestry meetings (second Monday of the month)
- Actively serve on at least one commission
- Actively participate in various special projects
- Attend annual Vestry retreat
What resources are available to new Vestry members?
- Trinity’s by-laws, current budget, 2018 annual report, and past Vestry minutes are available on Trinity’s website under the header “About Us.”
- “Vestry Resource Guide” a publication by the Episcopal Church Foundation is given to all new members.
- New Vestry members are invited to the December 2019 meeting as observers.
What is expected of Diocesan Convention deputies?
- Thoughtfully read and consider all materials sent to them prior to Diocesan Convention
- Participate in all aspects of the Diocesan Convention to be held the November 2020.
- Be aware of the congregation’s feelings on issues coming before the Convention, including various budget issues and candidates for elections to the various offices and boards
- Participate in workshops/breakout sessions/commissions as appropriate
There are currently five Vestry positions open for the 2020 Vestry. Four are open terms, each one for three years. One will be for two years to fill a vacated position. According to Vestry bylaws, terms will be filled by order of votes received with the four highest vote receivers serving the four open terms and the fifth highest vote receiver will receive the two year term. Four convention deputies and two alternates will also be elected. Cost to attend the convention will be paid by Trinity.