Trinity Outreach Commission Minutes,
Tuesday, December 4, 2018, 7:00PM
The tenth Trinity Outreach Commission Meeting of 2018 took place on Tuesday, December 4, 2018 in the classroom at the top of the stairs. Those in attendance were: Greg Gemeinhardt, Betty Mitchell, Janet Robinson, Darry Rhine, Ted Bell, Marsha DeWitt, Steve DeWitt Shari Burrows, Robert Edwards and Robb Dorward
Greg opened with prayer.
Master Provisions – The Commission is invited to visit and tour Master Provisions on December 11th at 6:30pm. Master Provisions is located at 7725 Foundation Drive, Florence, KY. Interested Commission members should let Joe Obrochta know you will be attending.
Garden Mart Outreach Disbursements- Greg told the Commission that the ECW dedicated the $3000 Sprouts & Stouts profits to 6 Outreach supported organizations. The Commission decided to give each group $500. The organizations receiving disbursements are:
- Children’s Home of Northern Kentucky $500
- Family Promise $500
- CASA $500
- Lincoln Grant Scholar House $500
- Emergency Shelter $500
- Welcome House $500
Lincoln Grant Scholar House – Sewing Workshop Wednesdays – Betty Mitchell proposed a rental scenario where, when $100 is raised, Outreach would kick in an additional $50 to purchase another sewing machine for LGSH.
- Marsha reported that she delivered two food baskets with Thanksgiving Meals.
- Betty’s available dates for additional workshops in 2019 are: 1/9, 1/23, 2/6, 2/20. Greg to make sure Giving Tree communication is executed. Possibly move the tree to the bagel table.
- LGSH Family Support –Marsha reminded the Commission we had a placeholder of $500 to use to support a family at Lincoln Grant Scholar House. Marsha volunteered to use the $500 to purchase gift cards.
2019 Commission Programs:
The Commission presented ideas which may be explored further during 2019. The ideas included:
- Parent Cafes – The Commission agreed to search for a group looking to do a Parent Café and find out the particulars of their needs.
- Read Ready Covington – getting children 2-5yrs ready for Kindergarten. Determined more information will be researched.
- Senior Citizens – as a possible group to focus on in some way
- Survey the Congregation to see what people already do in the way of volunteering
- Focus on a particular family in need and help them move through the process by providing the appropriate resources for them
Strengthening Families – Marsha told the Commission there will be a meeting this Thursday evening, December 6th.
Welcome House – Katie Davidson requested Outreach again support the Welcome House Adopt a Family Program – The Commission decided to provide $900 for the 2 families provided by Welcome House which equated to $100/person. A motion was made and passed unanimously. Robb will supply Gary with necessary information to get check to do shopping this weekend.
Door Ministry – Marsha reported that she delivered 40 bags to the office and Holmes High School
2018 Budget Disbursements –
- St. Pau’s Food Pantry - $1500
- Family Promise - $2000
- Emergency Shelter - $2000
St. Mary’s Box Project – Robb reported that St. Mary’s had received the $1000 for their Box Project.
Peru Luz de Esperanza – Steve requested the Commission consider a major project next year to support the school. Steve will post the latest newsletter sent to the Commission.
Chimes Article- Marsha agreed to put an article in the Chimes about the Thanksgiving baskets.
Next Meeting – January 22, 2019 at 7:00PM in the classroom at the top of the stairs.