Lay people assist during services under the guidance of the Rector and in some cases after being licensed by the Bishop.
- Acolytes, grades 5 and older, are trained by an Acolyte Master and the Rector to assist at the altar during worship.
- Lay Readers are appointed by the Rector to read the Lessons of the day
- Eucharistic ministers are appointed by the Rector and licensed by the Bishop to help distribute the elements during Communion.
- Ushers welcome the congregation at the doors before services, give out the order of service, attend to the needs of those who need assistance, count the number present, collect and present the offering, and generally help maintain decorum before and during services.
- Chimers play hymns on the keyboard for the bells before church on a rotating basis with other chimers.
- Oblation Bearers carry the wine, water, and bread to the altar during the offertory.